Sunday, March 22, 2009

Brick / In Progress / Gecko

_____






When I wrote "The Big, Fast Limo", I didn't have any images to share -- or so I thought...




These images are from a backup disc I'd forgotten about, from our old computer. "In Progress", above, is from October of 2000, created in MS Paint.

Below is the Gecko, which was unnamed until I recoloured it in 'money green' (probably also using MS Paint). We didn't have a scanner back in December 2002 -- my sketch was scanned by a friend and e-mailed to me.





In January of 2003, once again using Paint, I came up with the Brick:






It was -- trying to remember -- while I was an art major at WVU, in 1986, that I began redefining the limousine. What started out as basically luxurious vans with a stagecoach layout evolved into truly monstrous concepts by sometime in 1988, after I'd finished my Army training and was settled down in my barracks at Fort Monmouth.

Soon I'll have to dig out and wade through all those sketches running through the '90s. The 'express limousine' sprang onto the page in countless iterations -- along with many other vehicle forms...


The excess of that era likely played a part in my conception of such vehicles. In recent years I've left the express limousine on a shelf in my mind -- but now I'm looking to a future of abundance, and it can find a new life.

Of course any new 'EL', if it's a Tellurian Motors product, will have to sport flat-panel design. Rest assured, it's already forming...




filsmyth
22Mar2009



_____

No comments: